This past Sunday we had Christoph’s parents over for Easter Brunch. I’m compelled to share the recipe for the main dish because it’s really easy to make and people are often impressed with the final result. It’s also quite delicious!Ingredients Needed:
- Pizza Dough (Make your own or buy it premade)
- Whole grain mustard
- 4-6 Small Breakfast Sausage links
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 12-15 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2-3 Large Mushrooms
- ½ cup of shredded cheese (or 3 slices)
- Parsley flakesYields 4 Mini Pizzas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash and dry your tomatoes and mushrooms. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and thinly slice the mushrooms.
3. Brown your sausage in a skillet and cook your bacon (I like to cook my bacon in the microwave). Let it cool then cut into smaller pieces for pizza topping.
4. Flour your baking pan and roll your dough into four mini pizzas then place them on the baking pan.
5. Mix 4 tablespoons of ketchup with three tablespoons of wholegrain mustard and then spread a little on each of the mini pizzas.
6. Start placing your toppings on the pizza: Cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, meats and then sprinkle with parsley. Try to keep your toppings towards the crust, leaving room for an egg in the middle.7. Cook in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven; turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees.9. Press a spoon into the middle of each pizza (to create a small divot in the center to avoid egg white run off).
10. Crack one egg in the middle of each pizza. Return the pizzas back to the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on how runny you like your eggs.
Plate with a mixed green salad and enjoy it with a mimosa!