I know it’s a bit early to be thinking about it but I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year for the FIRST TIME EVER (eppppp!) so I’m already starting to test out possible dishes for the main event.This is a homemade biscuit recipe that I think is a pretty strong contender. Most likely you’ll have all of the items on hand with the exception of the fancy cheese. The recipe calls for parmigiano-reggiano which is insanely good but a little pricey ($18.00 a pound). You could try to swap it out for something else to save some money and I’m sure it will still be delish.I made the biscuits following this Food Network recipe exactly. They were easy to make and they came out so good!
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup diced parmigiano-reggiano cheese
• 1/4 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
• 3/4 cup milk
You can find the directions: HEREWe paired the cheesy biscuits with pesto stuffed salmon, corn and tomoto salad and white wine. So, so good!