Sometimes a DIY is a personal challenge for myself - in this case: How can I come up with a way to make my own stencil?
I had a blank canvas bag that I wanted to spruce up and for a few weeks I kept my eyes out for cute stencil but couldn’t find anything I liked. What’s a girl to do? Come up with one of my own of course! I hand drew this elephant then got to work figuring out how to turn it into a stencil.
Material: Elephant stencil, painters tape, scissors, paint, paintbrush, canvas bagHow To:
- Download the elephant stencil HERE
- Tape the lines of the elephant
- Cut the center of the elephant out
- Remove the painters take, piece by piece and place it onto the bag in the original shape
- Paint, let it dry and enjoy!
Tip – Lay flat paper inside the bag so the paint doesn’t bleed through