I have always loved baking ever since I was a child, mom would always ask me and my siblings to help around whenever she bakes a cake, brownies, cookies, pies or anything of sort. We still do the same routine whenever we got a chance even if we are all grown ups now and working, it is always good to come home to our parents house and gather for “bake nights”. After working for a couple of years in an office 9 to 5 set up, it felt a bit boring and tiring, it felt like I want to pursue a business or maybe a career where in I could use my baking skills as it keeps me motivated and happy, I realized that I wanted to quit my job, find a part time job so I can still save some money and prepare for my next adventure, luckily I came across an article Quit 9 to 5 Academy review where I have learned about the possibilities of earning through affiliate marketing.
How to Host a Cupcake Decorating Party?
With affiliate marketing I was able to ditch my 9 to 5 job, and work towards my dream of becoming a pastry chef. First I am planning on just working at home, save up and eventually put up my own store. Right now I accept orders online and I even host Cupcake decorating parties which is really fun and good thing about cupcake decorating, it’s just not for kids, grown ups love it too!
- Themes. Get creative with themes, a lot of kids will be interested in themes like cartoons, candies, fruits, chocolate towers etc.
- Invitations. In line with the theme create cool invitations, best if you DIY with the kids as well.
- Utensils, plates, napkins, table cloths. Get all the essential items as the activity will tend to get messy most of the time.
- Cupcakes. The highlight of the event, so make sure to have enough for everyone, you can alot at least two for each child. You can either bake the cupcakes yourself or buy it.
- Icing, edible decorations and cupcake liners. Choose children’s favorite candies like sprinkles, pretzels, and decorations in line with the theme of the party. Have some variations of icings to choose from. Cupcake liners can be bought in a craft store or baking section at the grocery.
- Pipe frosting. Use heavy duty plastic storage bags for piping designs on to cupcakes. Kids (and even adults) would love and enjoy squeezing down the icing so prepare the napkins!
- Cupcake Display. Set the table in a beautiful display of the cupcakes, you can use serving trays, cupcake stacker, cupcake trees, or anything creative and associated with theme that would be pleasing to the eyes.
- Party Favors. The kids (guests) would be delighted to take home one of their decorated cupcakes so a small bakery box would be handy and this is also a good thing as it doubles as a party favor. Aside from cupcakes another party favor that the kids can bring home would be an apron with their name on it, it doesn’t have to be embroidered or anything, you can use a marker or a sticker with their name on it.
- Games. You can always go for the timeless games such as relays, scavenger hunt, piñata, balloon games and a lot more.
Party Decoration Ideas
Aside from decorating the cupcakes it is best to decorate the entire place and make it look as delicious as the cupcakes!
- Decorate the party table with candies or anything that could be related to the party’s theme where your guests would eat.
- Balloons will always be an all time favorite for the decorations, use something that is going to be connected with the party theme of course.
- Decorate the place with party garlands that is made out of baking cups, make it as colorful as possible (or depending on the theme).
- Set up the cupcake decorating station complete with the materials that your guests would need.
If you do not wish to buy a cupcake and want to make it your own, below are some ideas for gourmet cupcake recipes to choose from:
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes
5 Perks of doing a cupcake decorating party
- You have the option to create or just buy the cupcakes – you’re not obliged to bake
- You don’t have to frost the cupcakes
- The guests / kids would love to get messy and creative
- The cupcakes can double as favors
- It’s fun!
You can never go wrong with Cupcake decorating parties as it will be sweet and fun and memorable!